Delicious and delicate these buttery shortbread cookies will melt in your mouth.
These festive cookies not only look amazing but taste just as good. I’ve used this recipe for other events – baby showers, teacher appreciation day, wedding favors – it’s a versatile cookie and one that you can decorate for any occasion.
Having a cookie swap or planning on making gourmet gift baskets with a variety of delicious and festive cookies? Allow me to share a go-to recipe that you must include in your arsenal, the best Christmas shortbread cookies.
This is an easy and fun recipe that you can also make with the kiddos, should you choose to make it a family filled tradition. Use lots of different cookie cutter shapes such as Christmas trees, ornaments, snowflakes, snowmen, candy canes etc. for a decorative assortment. Prepare piping bags filled with a variety of royal icing colors, small bowls of candy and crystals to sprinkle on top. No matter how you dress these shortbread cookies they are a must have this holiday season!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup butter (do not use Margarine) butter should be room temperature
- pinch of salt
- Using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar till smooth.
- Slowly add the flour and salt until incorporated. Move cookie dough to a lightly flowered surface (cutting board, counter-top etc.) and knead till mixture cracks slightly.
- Bake at 350 F for 10 to 11 minutes until the cookies start to turn a slight golden color (you don't want them to brown - pull out just before you see this starting to happen).
- Cool completely before adding desired toppings - royal icing glaze, Nutella etc.
Did You Make This Recipe?
If you try this recipe we would love to see it and share it! Tag us on IG @my.bigger.life, using the hashtag #mybiggerliferecipes