Creamy, spicy and loaded with cheese, these Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers are the ultimate party or game day appetizer!
How to make the poppers:
- First we start with the main ingredient: jalapeños. When shopping for jalapeños try to find ones that are 3-4 inches long, you don’t want them too small or they’ll be difficult to stuff.
- Slice the jalapeños in half length wise and remove the rib and seeds. The seeds are what gives jalapeños heat, so if you like it spicier, leave some of the seeds and ribs in.
- The peppers are then stuffed with a combination of cream cheese, cheddar or pepper-jack cheese and spices. When stuffing the jalapeños with the cream cheese filling use a piping bag or a plastic sandwich bag with the corner cut off. It will make life easier and give you a consistent filling for each popper.
- If you want to try a southwestern twist you can add salsa and chives to the cheese mixture.
Bring on the Bacon!
That’s the magic that makes these little poppers so amazing! I like to use regular cut bacon – avoid thick cut here as it’ll take longer to crisp up in the oven and you don’t want to burn the cheese filling.
Cut the bacon into half slices and wrap each jalapeno, you can secure with a toothpick if needed. Once baked you can remove the toothpicks as the bacon will be crispy and secured to the popper. To ensure you get crispy bacon I like to place the poppers on a wire rack set atop a cookie sheet. This way air can travel all around the bacon making sure the bottoms cook up golden and crispy, not soggy – who likes soggy bacon!?
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers come together quick and easy. In roughly 35 minutes you’ll have these delicious little poppers ready to devour. Make a few batches because they won’t last long!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
Creamy, spicy and loaded with cheese, these Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers are the ultimate party or game day appetizer!
- 12 Jalapeño peppers, (halved)
- 12 Slices bacon, (halved)
- 1 8 oz. Block cream-cheese, (softened)
- 1 ½ cup Pepper jack cheese
- 1 Clove garlic, (minced)
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, Pepper Jack, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Halve jalapeños lengthwise, then use a spoon to remove seeds and veins. Fill with cheese mixture and wrap each with a halved slice of bacon.
Place on a baking sheet and bake until bacon is crispy and peppers are tender, about 25 minutes.
** These Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers can be prepped ahead of time, try freezing these poppers once fully assembled. They bake up crispy and delicious from freezer to oven. **